Restart the computer. Now you are ready to install updates on PC, just click on Try Again, Apart from above workaround try below workaround if you still face WSUS update issue, Install and ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://0.0.0.1/ Connection to 0.0.0.1 failed. I have spoken with ScriptLogic/Quest on a couple of occasions and they have said on each that the product doesnt affect WSUS or IIS.
I applied the above fix and rebooted the server. Since the v-root is present, the v-dir is present, the %ProgramFiles%\Update Services\selfupdate folder is present, and the foray into enabling Directory Browsing has confirmed that the v-root is properly mapped to Would be odd if both had got corrupted at same time... I tried to download this CAB file from a browser, which didn't work.
In addition, WSUS has tool to check its functionality: wsusutil checkhealth This tool can only report wrong permissions, but not which permissions are missing.
I then sent my System Information and WindowsUpdate.log file to Microsoft, sorry but I'm not posting their contents here.
Ded9 0 LVL 30 Overall: Level 30 Windows 7 26 Windows Server 2008 5 Message Accepted Solution by:ded92011-03-29 The main problem is, that WSUS creates folder with correct permissions, but
When I manually check for updates using the Control Panel, I get error code 8024402F: I followed the link to "Get help with this error", which brings up several articles in
share|improve this answer edited Jun 10 '12 at 13:06 answered Mar 19 '11 at 3:07 Day 5902619 1 I resolved my issue by changing my DNS server settings to point
Monday, August 29, 2016 4:52 PM Reply | Quote Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site.
Can you let me know what permissions are needed for this to work correctly.
Ded9 0 LVL 30 Overall: Level 30 Windows 7 26 Windows Server 2008 5 Message Expert Comment by:ded92011-03-29 Opps sorry ..